MAKE A CUTE BOOKMARK STOCKING FILLER
Updated: Nov 4, 2022
I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for little stocking fillers, and I especially like handmade items. For todays 12 Weeks of Christmas project, I have a cute little bookmark idea for you.
These are Christmas themed, naturally, but you could make something that is not at all Christmassy that your recipient will use all year round.
I like mine for marking the pages of a recipe book when I'm planning our Christmas feast! Yum!
Wooden pegs - I used the regular sized ones, but you can get a variety of different sizes from the Reject Shop, Spotlight or your local craft store.
Basic White scraps big enough for your chosen stamp
Stamps - JD2022
Trees for Sale - item #159785
Real Red Stampin' Blends - Dark
Rhinestones Basic Jewels
Real Red Bakers Twine
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Tree Lots Dies - SAB 2022. If you don't have these, the trees are easy enough to hand cut.
Tombow Liquid Glue
1. Stamp the largest solid image Christmas tree on a piece of Basic White cardstock. You'll need 2 for each bookmark. Use the dies to cut them both out. Then use the large detail or line die that coordinates with the large stamp to cut out 2 pieces in Basic White. Use Tombow liquid glue to adhere to the stamped tree. If you prefer, you can adhere the Basic White scrap to a piece of double sided Adhesive Sheet BEFORE you cut out with the die. That will make it easier to adhere to the stamped image.
2. If you don't have the dies, I suggest you stamp the largest solid image tree in a lighter shade of green - or you could ink your stamp, stamp off, and stamp again without re inking. Then use the line image tree to stamp over the top in a darker colour. Cut out with paper snips.
3. Use the dark Real Red Stampin' Blend to colour each side of the peg. Set aside to dry. Colour the Rhinestones with the marker and allow to dry as well.
4. Once dry, attach a tree to each side of the peg with Tombow liquid glue. Then attach a few rhinestone "ornaments" to the tree on both sides.
5. Make 2 small bows with the twine. Attach to each tree with a glue dot or Tombow.
6. If you want to give a few of these as a set, you could pop them into one of our Scalloped Kraft Treat Boxes or the really pretty Embossed Treat Bags.
I hope you like this stocking filler idea. Go ahead, make something! And don't hesitate to get in touch if you need help ordering any of these products. You can shop direct with me if you live in Australia, using this months hostcode NTPQGPZH here.
JD2022 - Mini Catalogue July to December 2022