Well, we're 5 weeks in and it will soon be time to get your international Christmas cards into the mail. So this week I have a project that makes 4 cards in one go. You're welcome ;)
This is a one sheet wonder style of project that you can use just about any stamp set that has some small images. The set I chose is all pinecones, berries and leaves. It's a look I love, and definitely a wow for me in traditional Christmas colours.
Supplies Card Stock Crumb Cake – 2 of A4 – cut each in half to measure 21cm x 14.8cm so you have 4 card bases Real Red – 4 pieces of 10cm x 14.3cm for the mats Basic White – A4 – don’t cut it yet! Stamps – from AC 2022/23 Christmas Season Item #156293
Ink Real Red Cherry Cobbler Crumb Cake Soft Suede Old Olive Mossy Meadow Embellishments Pearl Basic Jewels Item #144219 Ribbon – I used a crumb cake seam binding now retired Tools Paper Trimmer Stampin’ Seal Paper Snips
1. Use the picture as a guide to stamp multiple images on the piece of Basic White A4 card stock. You don’t have to make it perfect – in fact perfection is the enemy of creativity, so relax and just stamp!! One tip I would offer is to start with a larger stamp and leave some space around it so you can fill it in with the smaller stamps. Also think about your colour density – I stamped the pine cones in Crumb Cake, and then when I did the line image (two step) stamp, I used Soft Suede, sometimes stamping off so not all the pine cones are the same.
2. Gradually build up your design until you’re happy with the composition. You don’t need to cover the whole piece of card stock, in fact it’s best to leave some white space because you’ll need somewhere for a greeting.
3. Cut the piece of Basic White into 4 sections, measuring 13.8cm x 9.5cm. The easiest way to do this is to cut the A4 sheet in half. Then cut each half in half again. If you do it this way, each piece will measure 14.8cm x 10.5cm. You can then decide which side/s you want to trim down so you finish up with 4 pieces measuring 13.8cm x 9.5cm each.
4. Stamp your greeting wherever you think it works best. If you got a little excited and stamped the whole piece of A4, you can always stamp the greeting on a separate piece of card stock and cut it out using a label die or punch. If you attach it with Dimensionals it will stand out and look like that’s what you always intended!!
5. Adhere each stamped piece to a Real Red mat.
6. Add the ribbon now – mine are all a little different, so get creative and use twine, satin ribbon, or whatever you have that you love!
7. Adhere the whole piece to the Crumb Cake card base.
And just like that, you’ve got 4 fabulous cards ready to go.
I made mine in about 30 minutes, so don’t overthink it. Just dive in!
AC2022/23 Annual Catalogue 2022/23