Updated: Nov 4, 2022
Minimum fuss is the theme for this week’s simple cards. Again, the idea is that you can make a few quite quickly, and that’s definitely a bonus for Christmas cards!
Supplies Card Stock - 1 Cherry Cobbler – for card base Basic White – 95mm x 138mm for mat Card Stock - 2 Evening Evergreen – for card base Old Olive – 100mm x 143mm for mat Very Vanilla – 95mm x 138mm for mat Very Vanilla – scrap for sentiment Designer Series Paper (DSP) – Painted Christmas Stamps – from JDMC2022 Mistletoe Magic Item #159731
Ink Cherry Cobbler Memento Black Stampin Blends – Real Red / Old Olive / Mossy Meadow / Crumb Cake Embellishments Bakers Twine – Real Red Tools Paper Trimmer Stampin’ Seal Stampin’ Dimensionals Paper Snips
1. Use the picture as a guide and stamp the large mistletoe stamp in Memento black ink on both the Basic White and Very Vanilla mats.
2. Adhere the Basic White mat to the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock base and stamp a greeting on the bottom of the mat, set slightly to the right side. Add a bow using the twine.
Card 1 is finished!
N.B. I like to add a white card liner inside dark coloured cards so it’s easier to write a message.
3. Use Stampin’ Blends to colour the mistletoe image on the Very Vanilla card mat. Use the lighter Old Olive on the leaves that are forward, or appear on top, and the darker Mossy Meadon on the leaves that appear behind or further away.
4. Stamp a greeting on a piece of Very Vanilla scrap, cut out and attach to the mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Adhere a 1cm x 138mm strip of DSP to the left long edge of the Very Vanilla mat.
6. Adhere the mat to the Old Olive mat
7. Adhere to the Evening Evergreen card base.
8. Use glue dots to attach a bow using the picture as a guide.
Don’t forget to decorate your envelope!